Working from home comes with a unique set of challenges, but it is possible for remote employees to not only survive but thrive.
How to Work from Home Effectively is designed to help employees effectively transition into a work-from-home situation, whether the arrangement is temporary or permanent. It will address questions employees might have if they're asked to work remotely, possibly for the first time. Topics covered include getting set up to work remotely, staying engaged and healthy, overcoming common challenges, and an overview of employment laws that still apply.
After completing this course, learners will be able to:
- Identify how to set up a functional workstation to work remotely.
- Describe methods you can use to stay engaged and healthy as a remote worker.
- Identify common challenges remote workers experience and how to handle them.
- Explain which employment laws protect you as a remote employee.
Getting Set Up
- Physical Environment
- Online Environment
Staying Engaged by Staying Healthy
- Work-Life Balance
- Healthy Habits
Overcoming Common Challenges
- Sharing Workspace
- Office Conflicts
Knowing Which Policies and Laws Apply
- Employer Policies
- Fair Labor Standards Act
- Family and Medical Leave Act
- Discrimination Laws
Virtual Instructor-Led Training (VILT)
Virtual Instructor-Led Training (VILT) refers to training that is delivered in a virtual or simulated environment, or when instructor and learner are in separate locations. Virtual instruction environments are designed to simulate the traditional classroom or learning experience.