29 CFR 1926.602
This course covers an introduction to the heavy highway trade of trucks and heavy equipment.
Course content includes procedures and components of trucks, heavy equipment, below grade construction, earthmoving, plant operations, paving, and structures.
- Introduction to the Track hoe
- Machine capabilities & limitations
- Pre-operational checklist
- Explanation & use of controls
- Explain the basic terminology and types of equipment and their uses
- Identify career opportunities available to heavy equipment operators
- Explain the purpose and objectives of an apprentice training program
- Explain operator responsibilities and the characteristics of a good operator
- Explain the importance of safety in relation to heavy equipment
The employer shall ensure that each employee is evaluated to confirm that he/she understands the information provided in the training.
SELA Safety Council, LLC. training conforms to OSHA CBT Training standards and ANSI Z490.1. Criteria for Accepted Practices in Safety, Health and Environmental Training. SELA Safety Council, LLC. follows all ANSI training criteria.
SELA Safety Council, LLC. Copyright© 2020 All rights Reserved
Virtual Instructor-Led Training (VILT)
Virtual Instructor-Led Training (VILT) refers to training that is delivered in a virtual or simulated environment, or when instructor and learner are in separate locations. Virtual instruction environments are designed to simulate the traditional classroom or learning experience.